Thursday 24 January 2019

Mock exam 1B

















ASSESSMENT 1B NEWS LIAR 
GBHS MEDIA STUDIES A LEVEL Reflection

Name:       Maisie Seymour                           Date: 22ndJanuary 2019

AO1:Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the theoretical framework of media and contexts of media and their influence
AO2Apply knowledge and understanding (KU) of the theoretical framework of media to:
Analyse media products/ Make judgements and draw conclusions



Questions were: 1. News values and conventions 2. Representation of Ethnicity 3. Technology 4. Shirky/Gerbner

Identify a strength or strengths in your assessment:

A strength of my assessment was the first question about news values and conventions, due to a detailed analysis of the Daily Mail and Guardian front covers using CLIFT- colour, layout, image, font and typography.
I also compared the two front covers throughout, showing the differences and similarities between both due to the Daily Mail being a mid-market tabloid and the Guardian being a broadsheet newspaper.


What are the areas you need to improve?

An improvement would be my theorists work and revising all of the theories to a decent standard, as this is where I lost my marks the most because my knowledge wasn’t as accurate as it needed to be. I also need to be more knowledgeable on news topics that are significant at this time period, as it would’ve helped my understanding of the two front covers that we got given in the exam.


What will you do to improve in your next assessment? Any particular areas or study skills?

To improve in my next assessment, I will revise all theorists in great detail so I can apply their theories in the exam, as well as this I will improve my knowledge on today’s news, so I am aware of the current affairs that are going on such as Brexit and immigration. 
























No comments:

Post a Comment